The All Natural Filler or Bio Filler is the latest and the most exciting aesthetic procedure that we have introduced and a 100% natural alternative to synthetic fillers. Natural Filler is produced from components in the patient’s own blood and are injected in a similar fashion as other synthetic fillers to add volume, contour, lift and rejuvenate the skin in areas like face, neck, hands, ect. Natural Filler can be injected in the cheeks, jawline, chin, areas around the eyes & mouth, nasolabial folds, lips, neck, back of the hands, stretch marks and more. The autologous nature of Natural Filler minimizes any risk of side effects, rejection, and/or allergies and the ability to harvest large doses of Natural Filler from a simple blood draw makes Natural Filler an extremely attractive aesthetic procedure with immediate and progressive results. Natural Filler has the same color and consistency as autologous fat, but becomes softer when injected allowing the results to be more precise and refined.
Unlike synthetic fillers, Natural Filler contains a high concentration of the patient’s own growth factors that repair and proliferate damaged cells and stimulate collagen production meaning your skin will be naturally reproducing itself for months after the injections. The results of Natural Filler are immediate and stable for several months until it is metabolized by the body. The expected rejuvenating benefits of Natural Filler are generally visible at 6-8 weeks after the treatment and continue to gradually improve over 6 months or longer. Longevity of the result is dependent on many factors including but not limited to age, health, lifestyle, skin conditions, areas of injection, the amount injected, and metabolism. Without periodic touchup injections, the improvements will gradually wear off.
All Natural Bio Filler is used to treat:
Under-eye circles | Crow’s feet | Nasolabial folds (parentheses lines around the mouth) | Marionette lines | Smoker’s lines around the mouth | Lips | Chin | Jawline | Hands | Neck | Decolletage & more
Recommended Course of Treatment:
The nature of blood concentrate therapy procedures may require a patient to return for a series of treatments in order to achieve the desired results. All Natural Bio Filler is typically performed in a series of 2 or 3 treatments, spaced 6 – 8 weeks apart. Results typically last 2 -4 weeks and the volume will essentially dissipate. Long-term effects, such as skin tightening, collagen production and enhanced skin quality, may take up to 3 – 4 months to be noticed and can last 6 months or longer. Significant results can last as long as two years. Good general health is the key to excellent and predictable outcomes.
How Does All Natural Bio Filler Work?
Your body makes growth factors like collagen and elastin to support healing and function. Platelet-rich fibrin stimulates collagen production and helps maintain a fresh, youthful look. But as you age, growth factor production decreases – especially in areas like the face including the under-eye area and jawline. This leads to loose, dull, wrinkle-prone skin. When these growth factors are introduced via a All Natural Bio-Stimulating gel-like Filler, they can stimulate collagen in the exact areas of concern and improve them naturally. After a small blood sample is taken from your arm, the blood is prepared by separating platelet-rich fibrin, plasma, albumin, and other blood cells. All Natural Bio Filler is then created by combining platelet-rich fibrin with albumin-rich plasma that has been heated and cooled. This combination allows for a natural and smooth bio-stimulating filler to be formed – all from your body’s own cells. Once the Bio-Stimulating Filler has been made, our aesthetic nurse can inject the gel-like filler directly into the problem areas, adding an instant volume boost that will continue to provide growth factor release and stimulation over time.
What To Expect During Your All Natural Bio Filler Treatment?
One of the great things about All Natural Bio Filler treatments is there is very little downtime and the procedure does not take long to complete. Prior to your treatment, you will discuss your concerns and goals with one of our aesthetic nurses to determine if All Natural Bio Filler injections are right for you. Once a treatment plan is created, our team will determine how much product is needed and this will dictate how much blood is required. Coming to your visit well hydrated will help ensure an adequate amount of blood cells are collected. Once the blood has been drawn and then prepared, the area may be numbed to reduce any discomfort. The filler is then injected using a small cannula (a blunt needle) into the areas of concern.
Are There Side Effects of All Natural Bio Filler Treatments?
Since we are using your own blood cells for your treatment, there is no risk of an allergic reaction. You may experience some discomfort from the injection, but this will be reduced with numbing prior to treatment. Bruising and swelling can occur after your treatment but should subside within 24-72 hours. Using ice and avoiding strenuous exercise can help reduce these side effects. All Natural Bio Filler treatments are typically very well tolerated and you can often return to work immediately after your treatment.
Under Eye Dark Circles?
Ask your practitioner about All
Natural Bio Filler treatment for
Add volume, contour, lift and rejuvenate the skin in areas like face, neck, hands, ect. Natural Filler can be injected in the cheeks, jawline, chin, areas around the eyes & mouth, nasolabial folds, lips, neck, back of the hands, stretch marks and more.
One of the great things about All Natural Bio Filler treatments is there is very little downtime and the procedure does not take long to complete. Prior to your treatment, you will discuss your concerns and goals with one of our aesthetic nurses to determine if All Natural Bio Filler injections are right for you. Once a treatment plan is created, our team will determine how much product is needed and this will dictate how much blood is required. Coming to your visit well hydrated will help ensure an adequate amount of blood cells are collected. Once the blood has been drawn and then prepared, the area may be numbed to reduce any discomfort. The filler is then injected using a small cannula (a blunt needle) into the areas of concern. From start to finish your treatment will take less than an hour to complete.
Contraindications include but are not limited to the following:
- Pregnancy, trying, or breastfeeding
- Acute or chronic infections, sepsis
- Abnormal platelet function or blood disorders
- Skin diseases or allergies
- Any severe metabolic or systemic disease
- The use of blood thinners or systemic corticosteroids
- Impaired judgment, psychological conditions, and substance abuse
- Patients with unrealistic expectations
Pre / Post Care Instructions Compliance with the recommended pre / post-care instructions as well as recommended follow-up visits by your practitioner are crucial in minimizing the risk of side effects and complications. It is your responsibility to inform your practitioner of your most recent sun exposure, new medications, or changes in medical history before each treatment is performed.
Before your treatment
- For optimal results and to minimize the chance of bruising and bleeding at the injection site, please avoid taking blood-thinning medications and supplements such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, essential fatty acids, and multivitamins (unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor) for 7 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren, and other NSAIDs (unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor) for at least 3 days prior. We want inflammation to occur as this is one mechanism by which Platelet Therapy works.
- You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed prior to the treatment.
- If you have a tendency to bruise easily, you may start taking over-the-counter Arnica Montana tablets 3 days before your treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is recommended to take antiviral medication for 7 days before and after.
- Do not apply potentially irritating products for 2 days before and after your treatment (e.g. tretinoin, Retin-A, glycolic acid, hydroquinone).
- Avoid excessive sun or heat exposure.
- Minimize or avoid alcohol consumption.
- If possible, refrain from or minimize smoking prior to your procedure as it impacts the healing process.
- (For hair treatment) You may continue other hair loss treatments such as laser treatment, minoxidil, or hormone-blocking tablets.
- Stay hydrated by drinking 8+ glasses of water daily to improve results & healing time.
Day of Procedure
- Arrive with clean skin free of any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, or sunscreen.
- (For hair treatment) Shower the morning of your treatment and wash your hair very thoroughly using your regular shampoo.
- (For hair treatment) Do not apply sprays, gels, or any other styling products to your hair.
- (For hair treatment) If you wear a hair system, please remove it prior to shampooing and do not wear it before your PRP treatments.
- Please eat a normal breakfast or lunch the day of your Platelet Therapy treatment.
- Drink a bottle of water (500 mL) at least 2 hours before your session.
- Notify your practitioner of any changes in your medication, or health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
- Topical numbing cream or small lidocaine injections may be administered to maximize your comfort during the treatment.
- Your practitioner will make individual recommendations on when to resume normal skincare or haircare.
After Your Treatment
- It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling, soreness, and pressure that may last from 2-5 days following your treatment.
- You may take Tylenol (acetaminophen) for post-treatment discomfort or Benadryl / Zyrtec if you experience excessive itching.
- You may have a bruise at the blood draw site.
- You may notice a tingling sensation while the cells are being activated.
- Try to refrain from directly applying ice to the injected area as ice acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Cold compresses can be applied in an on and off fashion to reduce swelling if required.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for at least 2 days after your treatment.
- (For hair treatment) Do not wet your hair for at least 3 hours after your treatment.
- (For hair treatment) Do not use any hair products for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- (For hair treatment) Be sure to take a hot shower and wash your hair that evening, to promote the effects of Platelet Therapy.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid All Direct & Indirect Sun Exposure.
- Always use an SPF 30 or higher containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide for proper sun protection. It is safe to begin the use of SPF starting 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes for 24-48 hours before and after treatment as they may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- (For hair treatment) Avoid resuming Minoxidil (Formula 82M, Rogaine®), hair coloring, and straightening for 3 days.
- Continue increased water intake the first week after your treatment.
- Continue to avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren, and other anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for at least 3 days after.
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medications and supplements such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, essential fatty acids, and multivitamins for 7 days after your treatment unless otherwise prescribed by your physician.
- Avoid makeup for at least 24 hours and until healed.
- In rare cases, skin infection or reaction may occur, which is easily treated with an antibiotic.
If you experience any side effects, such as prolonged discomfort or swelling, a histamine reaction, drainage, fever of 101.5 or higher, or infection, immediately contact your practitioner for proper assessment and care instructions.