Safe for All Skin Type & Tones | All Year Around | Immediately Visible & Long-Lasting Results | Minimal Downtime
Microneedling, or Collagen Induction Therapy, is a safe and effective non-invasive aesthetic procedure that uses fine sterile needles to create controlled microscopic injuries to the surface of the skin. The needles repeatedly pierce into the top layer of skin in a specific pattern at precise depths ranging between 0.1 – 2.5 mm. These micro-injuries set the body’s natural healing process in motion, releasing growth factors to stimulate the formation of new collagen, elastin, and neovascularization in the skin. This treatment works to tighten, lift, and rejuvenate the skin leaving a smoother, firmer, and more youthful appearance. Within the first hour following a microneedling procedure the resulting micro-channels increase product absorption and efficacy by 3000%, therefore, topical application of hydrating and collagen-boosting serums such as Hyaluronic Acid (HA), peptides, growth factors, and PRP / PRF can further enhance the results of Microneedling treatments.
Microneedling is indicated for:
Skin rejuvenation | Fine lines & wrinkles | Minor skin laxity | Dull texture, tone, or “low glow” | Uneven skin texture | Enlarged pores | Hyperpigmentation / Melasma | Acne scars & Non-acne scars | Hair revitalization / Alopecia | Stretch marks | Cellulite | Hyperhidrosis
Is the latest FDA approved and the
most advanced microneedling pen
on the market.
This versatile procedure is safe for all skin types and tones and can be safely used across all areas of the body. Results of microneedling may become evident as early as a few days with ongoing improvements to be observed for several months after. Many people see noticeable improvements after a single session. However, consecutive treatments are highly recommended for optimal results. Maintenance sessions may be required in the future even if excellent results are achieved. Individual results may vary and are difficult to predict.
Recommended Course of Treatment:
3 – 6 treatments every 4 – 6 weeks (acne scars and stretch marks require more treatments). Maintenance treatments can be performed as desired. Combination therapy with other aesthetic treatments such as PRP / PRF, or Laser Skin Resurfacing with the Lutronic LaseMD ULTRA (UltraGLO Treatment) is highly recommended.
- Skin rejuvenation
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Minor skin laxity
- Dull texture, tone, or “low glow”
- Uneven skin texture
- Enlarged pores
- Acne scars & Non-acne scars
- Hair revitalization / Alopecia
- Stretch marks
Contraindications include but are not limited to the following:
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Accutane (isotretinoin) in the last 6 months
- Retin A topical or other skin-irritating products
- Aesthetic procedures / injections in the last 2 weeks
- Blood-thinning medications within the last week
- History of keloid scarring or abnormal wound-healing
- Skin cancer or suspicious lesions
- Allergies to local anesthetics, metals (i.e. gold)
- Sunburn (natural sunlight, tanning), extreme sensitivity, rosacea
- Poorly controlled medical conditions (i.e. diabetes, vascular)
- Impaired immune system and/or use of immunosuppressive medications
- Active infection, cold sores (Herpes Simplex), psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
- Tattoos and/or permanent makeup
- Implanted medical devices in the treatment area
- Impaired judgment, psychological conditions, and substance or alcohol abuse
- Patients with unrealistic expectations
Following your consultation with practitioner and the formulation of a treatment plan, you will be scheduled in for your procedure. Upon arrival your face is thoroughly cleansed and a topical anesthetic is applied to your skin for 30-45 minutes to minimize discomfort. When the treatment begins, a serum will be applied to your skin to help the pen gently glide over your skin. The needling itself typically feels like a slight vibration, and almost like a massage with tingling on your skin. The mini-punctures will trigger the production of your very own growth factors that eventually result in collagen production. New collagen production can be further increased by the use of boosters.
Total Procedure Time: 90-120 min
Numbing: 30-45 min
Mironeedling: 30-45 min
Healing Peptide Mask: 10-15 min
LED Light Therapy: 10-15 min
3 treatments every 4 – 6 weeks (acne scars and stretch marks require more treatments). Maintenance treatments can be performed as desired. Combination therapy with Lutronic LaseMD ULTRA ( TotalSkin Solution™ Treatment ) is highly recommended.
Many people see noticeable improvements after a single session. However, consecutive treatments are highly recommended for optimal results. Maintenance sessions may be required in the future even if excellent results are achieved.
Pre / Post Care Instructions: Compliance with the recommended pre / post-care instructions as well as recommended follow-up visits by your practitioner are crucial for the success of your treatment and to prevent unnecessary side effects or complications. It is your responsibility to inform your practitioner of any changes in medical history, medications, and most recent sun exposure before each treatment is performed.
Before Your Treatment
- Pre-treating the skin with topical products such as hydroquinone, tretinoin, and/or glycolic acid for skin types III–V may be helpful in reducing the potential risk of pigmentation. (This is optional and not a treatment requirement). Discontinue use 3 days prior to treatment.
- You may not be pregnant or lactating.
- Patients who have used Accutane or similar products within the last 6 months CANNOT be treated.
- Discontinue the use of any topical products that may be drying or irritating (e.g. AHAs, BHAs, retinoids) 3-7 days prior.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for at least 3 days prior. These actions may interfere with the natural inflammatory process critical to proper healing and skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid taking any blood-thinning agents for 3 – 7 days prior unless otherwise prescribed by your physician.
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure, or tanning for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure. Always use an SPF 30 or higher containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide for proper sun protection.
- Avoid other aesthetic procedures and cosmetic injections in the area(s) to be treated for 2 weeks before and after.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is recommended to take antiviral medication for 7 days before and after.
- Stay hydrated by drinking 8+ glasses of water daily to improve results & healing time.
- Avoid alcohol for 3 days before and after.
- The ideal time to schedule this procedure is at least one week before a big event.
Day of Treatment
- Arrive with clean skin free of any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, or sunscreen.
- Notify your practitioner of any changes in your medication, or health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
- Topical numbing cream or small lidocaine injections may be administered to maximize your comfort during the treatment.
- You will be provided with a post-procedure kit to use for the 7-10 days after your procedure.
After Your Treatment
What to Expect:
- Patients will experience mild to moderate erythema (redness), edema (swelling), or a warm stinging / sunburn-like sensation for several hours up to a few days post-treatment, however for more aggressive treatments, these symptoms may last longer.
- Other possible skin reactions include irritation, itching, and general sensitivity, which may last for 3 or more days.
- Sleep with head elevated to 45o for 3 days. Change your pillowcase daily or lay on a clean towel each night.
- Results are both immediate and progressive. Multiple treatments may be required to achieve individually desired results.
- Commonly patients experience purging of fluid retention, caused by swelling, and impurities in the form of water blisters or acne breakouts. This is normal and should resolve naturally within a few days. DO NOT break open blisters or breakouts.
48 Hour Care:
- DO NOT wear Makeup for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid all strenuous activity for a minimum of 48 hours as sweating increases infection risk.
- DO NOT USE ICE on the treatment area. DO NOT use any anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). These actions may interfere with the natural inflammatory process critical to proper healing and skin rejuvenation.
- DO NOT pick, scratch, excessively rub or scrub the treatment area. It is imperative to allow natural healing to minimize post-treatment complications. Treat the skin gently as if you have a sunburn.
- Care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated area especially for the first few days after your procedure.
- You may take Tylenol for post-treatment discomfort or Benadryl / Zyrtec if you experience excessive itching (histamine reaction).
- Avoid All Direct & Indirect Sun Exposure.
- Always use an SPF 30 or higher containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide for proper sun protection. It is safe to begin the use of SPF starting 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Do not have any other treatments for at least 1 – 2 weeks after your treatment or until the skin has completely healed.
- Your practitioner will make individual recommendations on when to resume normal skincare (typically after 7 days).
- Keep the treated area well hydrated (specifically for the first 7 days).
If you experience any side effects, such as prolonged redness or swelling, histamine reaction, blisters, burns, or signs of infection please contact your practitioner immediately for proper assessment and further care instructions.