PRF Under Eyes ( Tear Troughs )
The under eye is an area of particular interest to us since the majority of patients seeking aesthetic clinics identify it as a priority. The under-eye area often called “tear trough”, is the first to age for most people. Multiple techniques are used to address this area and the choice often depends on skin damage, skin texture, bony changes, and fat pad herniation. This a complex area with thin skin and a dynamic component. Outside of surgery, most aesthetic providers use hyaluronic acid fillers to address the area, which are less than ideal with a high rate of patient and provider dissatisfaction. Hyaluronic acid by nature attracts water; a property ill desired in the periocular region. PRF contains growth factors and stem cells that are responsible for creating new skin cells, collagen, and blood vessels. PRF injection results in very little bruising or swelling and as a stand-alone procedure or combined with fillers represents an alternative leading to high patient satisfaction..
PRF For Hair Restoration
Have you noticed increased hair loss or thinning hair? Platelet Rich Fibrin will stimulate new hair growth and restore more youthful-looking hair. If you are experiencing hair loss, you’re basically a good candidate for PRF hair restoration. PRF hair restoration works best when the patient notices early hair loss as growth factors, white blood cells, stem cells, and platelets in the PRF work best when awakening dormant hair follicles. These hair follicles are still healthy and capable of growing hair, but they are spending more and more time in dormant phase. PRF is also effective for women with traction alopecia, hair thinning caused by hairstyles that pulled the hair to an extreme degree and inhibited hair growth. You will need a series of 3-4 treatments separated by 30 days for optimum results (which will be seen 4-9 months following treatments). This treatment requires your blood to be drawn– stay hydrated at least 3-4 days prior to your appointment.
PRF Antiaging Facial Injections
Platelet-rich fibrin, or PRF, is a completely natural aesthetic injectable that can rejuvenate the appearance of your face. Using a concentration of your own blood, PRF can help restore your youthful, smooth appearance. The injections work overtime, promoting the generation of new collagen which improves the tone and texture of the skin. A series of 3 sessions is recommended 4 weeks apart.
PRF Microneeding ( Vampire Facial )
Microneedling, or collagen induction therapy, is a popular, minimal-downtime procedure known to improve skin texture, the presence of fine lines and scars, and enhance skin appearance without risks of hyperpigmentation. This superficial, controlled puncturing of the skin by very fine needles stimulates the wound healing response, ultimately leading to the release of growth factors by platelets and collagenesis. Topical application of growth factors has been shown to improve skin texture and appearance; thus, applying either PRP or PRF topically during and immediately after microneedling treatment can improve results by saturating the newly created fine, porous wounds with concentrated growth factors. This is the ultimate anti-aging facial. This treatment requires your blood to be drawn– stay hydrated 3-4 days prior to your appointment.
PRF Body Microneeding
Platelet Rich Fibrin is used while microneedling areas such as the knees, legs, arms, abdomen to stimulate collagen, tighten the skin, improve hyperpigmentation, improve skin texture, diminish scarring, and improve the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles. This is the ultimate anti-aging treatment. This treatment requires your blood to be drawn– stay hydrated at least 3-4 days prior to your appointment.
PRF Scar Treatments
Platelet Rich Fibrin is injected or microneedled into the area to diminish the appearance of scarring. Improves scarring from injuries or surgical procedures such as breast augmentation, tummy tuck, knee replacement, etc. You will need a series of 3-4 treatments for optimum results. This treatment requires your blood to be drawn– stay hydrated 24 prior to your appointment.
- Maximize natural body’s response
- Enhance blood flow to deficient tissues
- Accelerate wound healing
- Restore volume & hydration
- Improve skin texture & quality
- Improve under-eye dark circles
- Promote hair regrowth
- Stimulate collagen production
- Promote fibroblast formation
- Improve acne scars
- Rejuvenate hands
- Regulate inflammation
PRF is harvested from our very own blood. Depending on how many areas you want to get treated, a volume of blood will be taken. This is usually between 15 – 30 ml. Next, the blood is placed inside a specialized centrifuge designed to separate PRF from other blood components. After spinning, the PRF is harvested from the top of the vial into a syringe. The PRF is either injected into treatment areas or topically applied during a microneedling or laser resurfacing treatment on the skin. Because PRF is produced by your own body, these treatments are extremely safe. Be sure to drink lots of water before the appointment so we can get a good volume of blood.
Contraindications include but are not limited to the following:
- Pregnancy, trying, or breastfeeding
- Acute or chronic infections, sepsis
- Abnormal platelet function or blood disorders
- Skin diseases or allergies
- Any severe metabolic or systemic disease
- The use of blood thinners or systemic corticosteroids
- Impaired judgment, psychological conditions, and substance abuse
- Patients with unrealistic expectations
Pre / Post Care Instructions Compliance with the recommended pre / post-care instructions as well as recommended follow-up visits by your practitioner are crucial in minimizing the risk of side effects and complications. It is your responsibility to inform your practitioner of your most recent sun exposure, new medications, or changes in medical history before each treatment is performed.
Before your treatment
- For optimal results and to minimize the chance of bruising and bleeding at the injection site, please avoid taking blood-thinning medications and supplements such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, essential fatty acids, and multivitamins (unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor) for 7 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren, and other NSAIDs (unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor) for at least 3 days prior. We want inflammation to occur as this is one mechanism by which Platelet Therapy works.
- You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed prior to the treatment.
- If you have a tendency to bruise easily, you may start taking over-the-counter Arnica Montana tablets 3 days before your treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is recommended to take antiviral medication for 7 days before and after.
- Do not apply potentially irritating products for 2 days before and after your treatment (e.g. tretinoin, Retin-A, glycolic acid, hydroquinone).
- Avoid excessive sun or heat exposure.
- Minimize or avoid alcohol consumption.
- If possible, refrain from or minimize smoking prior to your procedure as it impacts the healing process.
- (For hair treatment) You may continue other hair loss treatments such as laser treatment, minoxidil, or hormone-blocking tablets.
- Stay hydrated by drinking 8+ glasses of water daily to improve results & healing time.
Day of Procedure
- Arrive with clean skin free of any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, or sunscreen.
- (For hair treatment) Shower the morning of your treatment and wash your hair very thoroughly using your regular shampoo.
- (For hair treatment) Do not apply sprays, gels, or any other styling products to your hair.
- (For hair treatment) If you wear a hair system, please remove it prior to shampooing and do not wear it before your PRP treatments.
- Please eat a normal breakfast or lunch the day of your Platelet Therapy treatment.
- Drink a bottle of water (500 mL) at least 2 hours before your session.
- Notify your practitioner of any changes in your medication, or health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
- Topical numbing cream or small lidocaine injections may be administered to maximize your comfort during the treatment.
- Your practitioner will make individual recommendations on when to resume normal skincare or haircare.
After Your Treatment
- It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling, soreness, and pressure that may last from 2-5 days following your treatment.
- You may take Tylenol (acetaminophen) for post-treatment discomfort or Benadryl / Zyrtec if you experience excessive itching.
- You may have a bruise at the blood draw site.
- You may notice a tingling sensation while the cells are being activated.
- Try to refrain from directly applying ice to the injected area as ice acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Cold compresses can be applied in an on and off fashion to reduce swelling if required.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for at least 2 days after your treatment.
- (For hair treatment) Do not wet your hair for at least 3 hours after your treatment.
- (For hair treatment) Do not use any hair products for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- (For hair treatment) Be sure to take a hot shower and wash your hair that evening, to promote the effects of Platelet Therapy.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid All Direct & Indirect Sun Exposure.
- Always use an SPF 30 or higher containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide for proper sun protection. It is safe to begin the use of SPF starting 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes for 24-48 hours before and after treatment as they may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- (For hair treatment) Avoid resuming Minoxidil (Formula 82M, Rogaine®), hair coloring, and straightening for 3 days.
- Continue increased water intake the first week after your treatment.
- Continue to avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren, and other anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for at least 3 days after.
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medications and supplements such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, essential fatty acids, and multivitamins for 7 days after your treatment unless otherwise prescribed by your physician.
- Avoid makeup for at least 24 hours and until healed.
- In rare cases, skin infection or reaction may occur, which is easily treated with an antibiotic.
If you experience any side effects, such as prolonged discomfort or swelling, a histamine reaction, drainage, fever of 101.5 or higher, or infection, immediately contact your practitioner for proper assessment and care instructions.